Looking for a last minute elopement in Massachusetts? IT’S EASY!!!!!


First of all, you do not have to be a state resident to get married in Massachusetts, but you must obtain a valid marriage license issued by a Massachusetts city or town clerk. In addition to paying the application fee (which varies by city/town), each person must bring proof of their age (a certified birth certificate, passport or other document) and their Social Security number.


*An out-of-state marriage license cannot be used.


The waiting period for a Massachusetts Marriage License is usually three days however in certain circumstances, one can seek to have the waiting period waived by filing a request for a Marriage without Delay with the probate court or district court in the city or town, or county where you originally applied for the license.


Please see links below for the Marriage without Delay application form and a list of probate and district courts you can apply at.


After the wedding ceremony is complete, whomever you chose to perform the ceremony must sign and return your marriage license to the city or town clerk where it was issued so it can be legally recorded. If you need a copy of your marriage certificate, you can get one from the Registry of Vital Records and Statistics.


Marriage without delay application form:


Locations of Probate and District Court Houses to apply at: